Tuesday, November 21, 2006

*Decking the Halls....*





Today is… Today is the first proper day of winter! I’ve bored quite a few of ya’ll about how much I absolutely adore winter, now I move on to a bigger audience. . I have such fond memories of winter. Winter is like… Dammit, WINTER IS WINTER! Don’t tell me you don’t feel different in winter. Just think about it. Serene, full of love!, less whiny, and JOLLY!!!!! :P .. *sigh*

The days of winter… The weather is always perfect! That’s one thing I love about this country. It’s like spring during winter. The weather is just... AHH! To die for! It’s not too hot, not too cold and usually it’s breezy. Christmas is just… There’s nothing better than just being with your family the whole day. Christmas Eve nearly ties though. It’s like.. You spend the entire day having fun, going to all the parties which have kick-ass food, and of course, kick-ass people, receiving those lastttt few presents, and having the pleasure of trying to figure out what they are! And at the end of the day, you lie in my bed, snuggled under your warm blanket, in your room(which for me, is usually decorated accordingly) and just think of the days events. It’s just amazing. I don’t know… I’m speechless.

The smells of winter… It’s not quite the same here, but it innt' so much different. There are just some smells that make you feel like dancing! Walking into a house where Xmas cake is getting ready. Jesus Christ …!!!! I don’t think there’s one single smell that beats the smell of Christmas cake/pudding/whatever. When you think of winter what smells come to your mind? Cinnamon, Vanilla, Pine needles, wood burning in the fireplace, stews, and soups.. Really.. Makes you smile don’t it?

The clothes of winter… Taking out the winter clothes is always a highlight. Gathering hats, mittens, wooly blankets and scarfs. Not that you need them here.. But either way….

The sounds of winter… Bells, phones ringing, laughing, crying, mom screaming that the food's going to get burnt.. :P My favorite, the sound of Sonia singing Christmas carols. It brings back memories from last year. Miss you Tasha.

The habits and traditions of winter… Putting up Christmas trees is the best. I always get so carried away with decorating, my parents are usually shocked when they get home to see the halls 'decked' :P. Bows and wreaths, and MISTLETOE! Poinsettias, egg nog (or however you spell it) and ginger al! .Taking long walks, spending time with people, presents!!! Holidays, long icky flights, shitty airports/amazing airports.. The list could go on forever..

But best of all….


The people of winter… No matter what happens... The best part of winter, is being with the people you love the most. I miss you mom.

Anyways.. This post.... was just to say..... HAPPY WINTER!! :P
Peace out!!

10 comments:

Sonia said...

IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MISS YOU TASHA!!!!!!!!!

WISH WE COULD RE-LIVE LAST YEAR!!!!!!!

AND CHRISTMAS TIME HAS COME AGAIN...
MERRY,MERRY CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY THANKS-GIVING!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Winter 2 u 2..Very well written blog..Itz amazin..And i totally agree wid u abt the winter thng..Its so much different n better..n christmas well i dunt really celebrate it..This year i will:P!Eis..LOL!Anyways catch u later..g2g bie tc cya hf..Miss u..Mwah..
Trisha!

Radhii said...

Jani ..! Awesome then! We'll do something before I go to India! Miss you too! Exam time just isn't the same
:P
And Shanni... (Lol Jani and Shanni :P) THIS XMAS !! WHAT PLANS :O !!?? Let's have a huggeee party!! ACK! I can't shake this feeling! I know i sound gay but ... uh :P I feel all nice and calm and SO not me during winter! I don't feel remotely finicky! I can look people in the eye! :O :O :O
Lol I just saw Wynettes personal message ' i want to elope with the weather ' .. :D :D
So I'm not the only one ... *sigh*

Rayna said...

i totaly agree with u...winter just makes u feel different...in a good way :P I've never expereienced a "real" christmas... so lets have the party!!
Cool post...keep it up!

*reshma* said...

nobody knows the real feeling of winter like us christians...its the best feeling ever...mainly calm and serene and beautiful..everything always falls in2 place during chritmas...its the best time of year to be withloved ones..v gotta do sumthin fer christmas radhii!! btw merry 'ahead' chritmas!! hope all u guys r studin!!

Radhii said...

OKAY! I'm confused. It's not Wynettes personal message. It's Illikas :S:S
I think


RESHMA AND RAYNA! Seriously, tomorrow after comp/eco thingy .. Let's make plans. I leave on the 17th!

Nishant said...

Yeah. I love winter too. 'Tis the time to play football as long as you want afterall! No hotness to beat down on you.... ahhh the overjoyness :p

Lemi said...

and the singing carols out loud 4 no reason! uve said it all tho! very very nice!!!!!!=D

Anonymous said...

U left out me! U left out meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

Radhii said...

Who are you? Who are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?