Sunday, November 12, 2006


My Passion.
I have a problem. A threat to productivity. A possible attachment to a product of boredom, but an addiction, nonetheless. I’m not exactly sure what it is, but I’m addicted to drawing.
I don’t expect any of you to comment, or think anything of this, because somehow I feel like I'm writing in a diary... But I need help, help deciding if my addiction is my passion. Today, while ‘studying’, my utter and complte enslavement decided that it wouldn’t let me rest! There in front of me was the best of ten notebooks I had unconsciously made for my art, and I was getting finicky, with it tantalizing me and all! I had an itch, no ordinary itch, more like those ones you get when you wear a cast. They just don’t go! I started doodling in a corner, which turned into some strange monstrosity, a mix of my name and tendrils of green highlighter fire. I gave in.
Only… I’ve never been sure if it’s a passion… Ohhh .. Passion means absolte devotion, right? There’s some line saying that above all, you should decide whether you can put your whole heart into somethng, and if you can’t, then take out whatever part is in it. Since I left Florida though, I haven’t done anything to promote it. When I was little, I was hooked on arts. I went to Stetson University for Ballet.. and during the summer, for art, where I sold my first painting. Since I moved here, I’ve been a vegetable....

I never forgot about art, just set it aside, but now it’s come back. I don’t think I’ll ever stop. Correction, I won’t ever stop. A friend the other day used the word ‘stupid’ for me, said that if I was good at something, if loved it, I should do something! I think I agree with him now. By writing this short thing in ten minutes though, I’ve decided that art is something that I love to do more than nearly anything else, and it truly is one of my greatest passions. And I’m going to do something with it. Wish me luck..

PS: A thanks to Dolly! for giving me the idea of putting up some of my art ... Which I'll be doing soon enough.

16 comments:

anish said...

good luck with the "problem":P

Anonymous said...

LOL!I hav no idea wat 2 du..Anyways u go ahead..Best of luck!-Trisha

Radhii said...

Hey 3sha :D ! I guess I'm just going to continue doing what I did before.. Maybe start taking classes again or something. Or I'll tell my mom to publicize me :P Heheh .. OKay. Must .. Study... Lit. :D Tata!

Tejas said...

I told you for the longest time to show off...but no don't lissen.
Radhika Exploit!

*reshma* said...

hmmmm....i cant help to tink tat its an addiction, but yet....one can see tat u love doin it, so maybe passion...srry rads cant help u figure out this one...hehe...but in the end i tink its ur talent...so all i want to say is do wat u do best!! grt blog, btw!!

Radhii said...

Tejas !! You're such a foo! I'm referring to you at the end!

Radhii said...

OH OH ! ONE MORE THING .. MY NAME IS NOT RADHIKA. Okay .. you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

WHAT IS YOUR NAME

Radhii said...

MY NAME IS RADHII !! IM OFFICIALLY CHANGING IT AS SOON AS I GET THE POWER >> AAAAAAGHHHH !

Anonymous said...

WILL YOU EVER GET THE POWER;}

Radhii said...

LOL okay .. SOON ENOUGH .. :P when im 18 (a)

Anonymous said...

SURE!!!!!I BET U WONT...I KNOW U!MAYBE U HAVE TO PRAY ALOT 4 THAT!

Rayna said...

yo radhii...From the time i've saw ur notebooks i've been telling u to do something about it. I'm glad u've finally come to ur senses...all the best! ur the best and u noe it!
tc
PS- btw thnx 4 all the jolly ranchers =]

Nishant said...

Hmm.... I really don't know what to do about it. How about asking your dad to lock it up somewhere?? :p

Unknown said...

hey!!
no dn ask ur dad to lock it up..u rock at art n u noe dat..continue n m still w8tin for dat pink thingy wid my name :P
neways u cn stop it durin exams..hmm...yea makes total sense to me..

Radhii said...

Idiot! I finisheddddd !! Lol the christmas decoration thingy. The pink one was kind of gay. Ooh ooh! And go see my art thingy!!