Friday, February 09, 2007

Not So Simple Simple Things

So… Point of this post? Maybe define my day a little, you know… Maybe just write a little. There’s nothing like reading, there’s nothing like writing.
As of yesterday, today, and tomorrow, and next week, I survive this world on my own. Dad’s in Iran, Bahrain, and Mom, brothers in Boston. It actually feels weirdly wonderful, yet it kind of really sucks. Too much ‘alone time’ isn’t healthy. This is what it did to me…
It made me realize more than I wanted to about life. I caught onto the fact that friendship is a simple thing, but that the simple things in life are never actually quite so vanilla. To make them simple, all you have to do is do the things you're supposed to do, which is far from simplicity itself. The more the unnecessary things you do, the more the complication. For example, to have a really good friend all you have to do… is be devoted and trustworthy. But this can be the most complicated because to have more than one devoted friend, you have to be obviously loyal to both people. Loyalty for some people means the whole ‘tell-eachother-everything’ sha-bang, not that I’m saying every relationship is even close to being like this. To do this, you might have to deceive the other devotee and tell the other aficionado things about the first one. Which if they are eachother’s devotees, this aggravates both of them, which in turn confuses you. This is just a simple example, it gets much worse. Oh.. and it also applies to everything.

So ummmmm. I think I’m stuck.


Song of my day. Hmmmm. Only because I’m re-obsessed with it, Boston by Augustana.

7 comments:

Rhea said...

Hmm...
Life is confusing.
Its like a maze where they put all the lab rats and then they all spend ages looking for "the cheese" in the middle and before they know it, lifes passed by.
And when they do find the cheese they realize that it doesn't live up to our expectations.
The cheese wasn't the best part, it was the journey.
We spend our whole lives searching for something...
Something that might justify our existance.
And when we find it, we realize its not really that important, whats important is the friends we've made on the way. =]

I don't know why I'm talking about rat metaphors :S
I guess this post just got me thinking about a whole lot of stuff..!
Blog on!

*reshma* said...

sticky situation...always is...specially wen it involves the best of frends...truth is, it sucks...all i can i say is tat ur lucky one of ur closest frends happens 2 be very forgiving (yes, tat person is moi, incase u didnt get it!!)...hopefully all u frends are as forgiving...if not, its gonna take a lot of strength, love and trust 2 make things work and of course a lot of faith :)...not that i dont need all that from u jus cuz im a lil 2 forgiving, cuz hell i do!!

Shalaka said...

heyy!

Confusing, isn't it? You're right about 'Loyalty for some people means the whole ‘tell-eachother-everything’...I disagree.

Great post!

Radhii said...

Firstly guys.. Thanks for commenting. it was a really strange post lol.

Rhea.. I like the whole lab rat metaphor thing! If it wasnt for 'Who Moved My Cheese?' I would've forced you to write an entire post with me :P

Freshulala .. HEY HEY! DID I or DID I NOT say something that time when you refused to 'say somtehing first'? I don;t like mind games! *hmph* that huurrt !!

Shalula! Thanks =D .. I guess the easiest thing is just to be straightforward ?

Anonymous said...

FUZZMASTER LEAVES ITS MARK AGAIN

*reshma* said...

mind games!! my waddhii pooo!! dun b hurt all i meant is i want ur attention 24/7!!! hhehehe... I LUV U!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.